Control of finished roll quality is placed back in the hands of your machine operator with the Tidland Model D4 Core-Lock differential shaft. This core-lock differential shaft represents the latest technology for dust-free, superior quality differential winding at the slitter/winder station of any film, laminating, printing and coated products process line. The D4 has a unique, two-row, 12-ball, torque activated cartridge design that positively locks the core, insuring no dust is generated, while providing predictable and consistent tension control and high quality roll structure throughout the entire roll. Radial, pneumatic torque control insures equalized tension across any combination of roll widths and tension control down to 0.15 pli insures quality roll builds for even the most sensitive materials.
- Highest quality roll build – With the torque activated, .875” (22.23 mm) wide, core-locking cartridge design roll quality is no longer dependent on core quality.
- Easy use - No operator activation of shaft required at beginning or end of roll build – cartridges engage when wind starts and disengage when wind stops.
- Roll wobble no longer an issue - Alternately staggered ball and cartridge design - .875” (22.22 mm) wide slit width capability. Roll wobble minimized with minimum of two rows of balls per core.
- No dust - Pneumatic, frictional torque control against machined surface, not ID of core, eliminates dust generated during roll build and won’t damage printed material on core ID (where applicable).
- Manual control not required! Radial, pneumatic pressure/torque control equalizes tension, offering a high degree of accuracy in tension equalization. Pressure/torque controlled through HMI at winding station.
- Eliminate vibration – The D4 symmetrical design means that there is no inherent imbalance in shaft. Capable of 2300 fpm supported and 1500 fpm cantilevered without vibration.
- Pressure control placed in the hands of the operators. 0–60 psi range of pressure control-based on machine/product requirements. Resistant to pressure/tension variation due to pressure spikes in machine/plant air supply to shaft.
- High load carrying capacity
Core-lock, internal slip, pneumatically controlled differential shaft
Core ID Sizes:
3” to 6" (76 mm to 152 mm) Two-row, 12-ball, core-locking cartridges