Class III Performance Series Knifeholders The Revolutionary Performance Series Knifeholder Cuts Right to Your Bottom Line with Faster Setups, Increased Productivity, Unrivaled Finished Roll Quality.
Once you’ve handled a Tidland Performance Series Knifeholder, you’ll think it’s design is shear genius. If you thought our award-winning Series ‘C’ Knifeholders were the best ever,wait until you try this one – we’ve made revolutionary engineering advances that add all the features you want. No other knifeholder offers all these features and benefits – you get faster setups, increased quality product and process productivity and reduced downtime.
This heavy-duty knifeholder is the largest of the series, with a 3” (76.2 mm) minimum slit width. It is available in both, shear and crush versions. The Class III is found in many mill finishing winders as well as in high speed applications. Typical materials include coated and non-coated papers and boards, tissues, newsprint, kraft papers, chipboard, roofing felt, floor covering, etc.
- Modular mounting options that allow retrofit to any machine
- Operator-friendly setup features
- Automatic Half-Stroke feature sets the correct side pressure between top and bottom knives.
- Optional Pneumatic Lock Mount with Pinion and Traverse Knob.
- Made of durable, corrosion-proof materials to withstand harsh industrial environments
- Air Purged, Dust-Proof design.
- Quick change, factory-set cant angle key.
- Precise Setup Function Control to ensure roll quality
- Calibrated Depth Control Knob for precise blade overlap adjustment.
- Operator-friendly positive control of pneumatic functions.
- No external Hoses between control body and blade cartridge
- Removable one-handed, tool-free blade cartridge for safe blade replacement off-machine on work bench
- 180 Degree Reversible Blade Cartridge allows use of both sides of the bottom knife
- Dual air circuit (optional) allows for independent regulation of air pressure for side Stroke and down stroke.
- Optional automatic 360 degree blade guard for safer setup and operation
Product Name: Class III Performance Series Knifeholder
Typical Application: Mills
Typical Materials: Non-coated papers, tissues, newsprint, kraft papers, chipboard, roofing felt, floor covering
Type of Slitting: Shear, Crush/Score
Cartridge Type: Swing, Crush
Minimum Slit Width: *3.0” (76.2 mm)
Blade Diameter: 7.87” (200 mm)
Designed Maximum Speed: **10,000 fpm (3,000 mpm)