Series 500 Air-Expanding Lug Shaft
Looking for ways to eliminate core damage, prevent roll slippage during fast startups and shutdowns, and minimize vibration at high web speeds? Then take a minute to learn about the Tidland Air-Expanding Lug Shafts. They are strong and versatile, delivering superior performance in the widest range of converting unwind and rewind applications.The Series 500 Air Lug shaft is unmatched for positive holding power. The Lug-style performs well in light- to heavy-duty applications and enables you to increase your roll quality. The simple modular construction and standardized components mean quick off-the-shelf spares service and easy in-plant maintenance when necessary.
Designed for light- to heavy-duty applications with 2" to 6" (50 mm to 152 mm) ID cores, the Air Lug shaft is often used in center unwind and rewind applications with either fiber or steel cores.These reliable shafts are constructed of alloy steel, aluminum, or lightweight, composite materials – depending on usage and requirements.
- Lug-style design prevents roll slippage during fast startups and shutdowns.
- Available in many sizes to accommodate any converting application.
- Designed with wider lugs for longer shaft life in applications with high torque and/or heavy loads.
- Durable construction designed to withstand abuse and abrasion.
- Manufactured to your specifications.
- Optional staggered lug design available for continuous gripping along entire length of core.
- Optional stub styles available for optimum use of shaftless stands.
Application Name: Light to Heavy-Duty
ID Core Sizes:
2" to 6"
(50 mm to 152 mm) ID Cores